Monday, March 8, 2010

#6: The Freedom Trail (pg 644; Listed as Boston in the 2nd Ed, pg 804)

My last several posts have been about mostly international destinations that I went to several years ago. But yesterday, as I was browsing the Travel Section, I came across an article all about Boston. I started fondly remembering our visit there just a few months ago and I realized that needed to be my next post! So, here's a post a lot closer to home and much more recent - The Freedom Trail in Boston, Massachusetts! We found $19 each-way plane tickets from Maryland, so we couldn't let that deal pass us up! We were in Boston Nov 12 - 16, 2009. Our first full day there, we decided to do the Freedom Trail. Here we are at the State House, the first stop of the trail.
We started the trail around 10am. With 2 kids and lots to see, it was pretty slow-moving. We came across Quincy Market around lunch - time. Perfect!

Paul Revere's Home. He lived here during the time he made his famous ride.



We did it! The Freedom Trail is 2 1/2 miles long with 16 stops. That may not seem like a lot to most people, but try doing it with a 2 year old and 1 year old in the middle of November (cold)! Regardless, we were glad we did it and saw some beautiful, historic places.

Verdict: It's not exotic. It's not thrilling. But it's history - wonderful, amazing American history. It's the Granary Burying Ground where Samuel Adams, John Hancock and Paul Revere are buried. It's Faneuil Hall and the USS Constitution. So.... ya gotta do it before you die! (Page 644 1000 Places To See Before You Die).



1 comment:

  1. If ever I get a chance to go to Boston, this will be on my list.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...