Sunday, July 17, 2011

#109: Martha's Vineyard (Page 650; 2nd Ed pg 813)


July 11, 2011: Welcome to Martha's Vineyard! I have been wanting to go to MV for quite some time, so I was very excited to check out this quaint Massachusetts Island. To access MV, we drove to Falmouth, then caught a $9 ferry over to Vineyard Haven.


There are several "Black Dog" shops on the island, but the original is here in Vineyard Haven.


If we would have had more time, we would have rented bikes to explore the island, but time was of the essence, so instead, we hopped on a bus to get to Oak Bluffs. The public buses go to every town on the island and charge just $1 per town. Or you can get a $7 pass good for unlimited rides for the day.


Oak Bluffs is famous for their Gingerbread Houses...


a great beach,


and the Flying Horses Carousal with the flying rings.


Before we knew it, it was time to catch our ferry back to Falmouth. So, our last MV experience was to try the Quahags. It kind of looked/tasted like a spicy seafood stuffing inside a big clam shell. All three of us tried it and none of us liked it. But still glad we experienced the Quahag!

Verdict: I loved Martha's Vineyard and I absolutely plan on going back when I can spend more time to check out all the other towns. I want to go over the bridge to Edgartown to see the place Jaws was filmed. I want to go to Chappaquiddick and see "the bridge". Iwant to go to the beaches on the south of the island and I want to go to Aquinnah and see the cliffs and the Lighthouse. Basically, I want to go back and spend a week....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...