Monday, September 12, 2011

#114: Hermanus (387)

Sept. 2011: We just got back from a week in South Africa. I've been on a lot of trips, but this is absolutely one of my favorite places I have every visited. I absolutely loved it.

Hermanus is a ~2 hour drive east of Cape Town. It is one of the best places for land-based whale watching. There is a 7-mile cliff walk, which is fabulous because if you see a whale, you can continue to follow that whale down the path. You can even go kayaking in the whale-filled waters.

Verdict: Absolutely, you must visit Hermanus. We only stayed there a brief time, but I absolutely loved it. There are nice places to stay, lots of places to eat and just a great little town surrounded by stunning scenery. I could have easily spent a week or more here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...