Wednesday, August 15, 2012

#127: Saratoga Springs (Page 688, 2nd Ed pg 849)

August 10, 2012:  The famous Saratoga Race Course was built in 1864 and is open to the public for horse races for 6 weeks during the summer.  For just $3, you can enter the race course and view the races.
I went to the races with my friends Mindy and Mariellen and it was the first time any of us had been to a live horse race.

Ready for the races to start!

Warming up...  The races go all day long until ~6pm and run a different race every 30 minutes.  Very fun to watch!
Verdict:  As you can see from our pictures, we were there on a rainy, muddy day.  So, maybe if we were there on a sunny day and maybe if I was totally into horse racing, I would feel differently, but while we did have fun and while I'm glad we had the experience, NO, this is not something you need to do before you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...