Friday, October 10, 2014

#157: Roswell (Page 668, 2nd Ed pg 830)

Inside the International UFO Museum and Research Center
(Admission $5/person)


A peak at the world's second largest UFO/Alien research library.  The Vatican is home of the largest.  Who knew?


Supposedly in July of 1947, a UFO crashed in Roswell leaving wreckage and a few alien bodies that the government tried to cover up and has kept hidden ever since.
I'm not a skeptic and I don't buy into many conspiracy theories, but I have to admit, I thought after touring this town and museum, I thought maybe I'd be a little more open to the idea..... Nope.  I have to say, neither the town nor the museum swayed me in the least.  The "museum" looked more like a giant high school project.  None of the mountings seemed professionally done and the flow of information was very confusing.  But hey, if you're in Roswell, ya gotta do it.  The museum closes at 5:00.  But even if you get there at 4:10 (like we did), it's plenty of time ;)

Verdict:  No.  I actually expected a lot more out of this town.  I thought it would be cheesy, but in a fun/touristy kind of way.  Like some cool restaurants with tables in the shapes of UFO's and beverages served in glow-in-the-dark alien cups and the like.  But really, it's just a hole-in-the-wall town that closes down at 6:00 with nothing much to do or see (no offense Roswellians).  We asked several locals for ideas, but nobody seemed to be able to come up with anything their town had to offer except for the local fair that was going on that week, which I have a feeling is the highlight of the year around here.  Except maybe UFO week in July.....

Note:  I am totally befuddled as to how this made "the cut" into the 2nd edition??!  Scratching my head..... I'm convinced Ms Shultz has never actually been here (correct me if I'm wrong, Patricia, if you ever read this!)  Aside from the notoriety of the place, there is a whole bunch of absolutely nothing here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...