Sunday, October 2, 2016

#184: Joe's Stone Crab (Page 603; 2nd Ed pg 751)

Oct. 1, 2016
I was looking forward to checking out Joe's Stone Crab for dinner to check out Miami Beach's #1 crab institution.  BUT.... it is only open seasonally.  Boo!  I arrived two weeks early :(



The outside dining area

The view from the gates - this place is huge!

Verdict: No.  Okay, granted, I didn't actually eat here since it was closed, but I saw it, got a good handle of the place from looking around and, being from Maryland, have been to many a crab feast and crab institution, so I feel like I have a grasp of the experience.  The neighborhood (South Beach!) is fun, the history is cool (family-run and first opened in 1913) and the crabs are fresh.  So, if you're in Miami and are a crab-lover and/or just like to "join the crowd" and be a part of an institution, then check it out.  But otherwise, I think you're safe to die without eating here ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...