Sunday, August 23, 2020

#281: Canoe Bay (pg 739; 2nd Ed. pg 904)

 

Aug 22, 2020
The entrance to Canoe Bay

The reception area

Canoe Bay was once a Sevent Day Baptist retreat; it is now a secluded resort in a heavily forested area southern Wisconsin.

Canoe Bay covers 300 acres of secluded forest with spring-fed lakes. It is designed as a "couples only" destination. It is for adults only; no children are allowed.
Each couple gets their own cottage and the cottages feature amenities such as fireplaces, private decks, whirlpool tubs and room service.


Walking across the bridge to "the island." 

Once on the island, you can enjoy views like this.

And can go out on the dock, or paddle board or kayak around the lake.

Or you can just walk around the private, serene property.  It is so quiet and peaceful that you could hear the crickets chirp and the frogs jump and croak.

Ahhh...... serenity now.

VERDICT: No.  I don't think you have to do this before you die.  Admittedly, I didn't get the full experience since I didn't end up spending the night. I researched it online and explored the entire property so I got the feel of the place for sure.  I looked into staying here, but 1) It was a minimum of $350/night, 2) There is a 2-3 night minimum stay and I was looking for just one night and 3) This is a romantic, couples resort and I was with a friend!  
So, it's possible I'd have a different opinion if I stayed on sight for a few days.  But I don't think so.  I think this is a perfect place to go with your partner if you need quiet, peace, to destress, decompress and just a total break from the the quick pace of life.  But it's not a must-do/see before you die.

COST:  Rooms are ~$350-$1000/night depending on the cottage/package you choose.  But most are in the $350-$450 range.  Food is extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...