Friday, April 9, 2021

#284: Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa (pg 570)

 

April 5, 2021
The Arizona Biltmore is the only surviving hotel in the world in whose design Frank Lloyd Wright participated.  It is also one of America's oldest resort hotels (it opened in 1929).  Many notable people have stayed here including Marilyn Monroe as well as Ronald and Nancy Reagan (who honeymooned here). 

The Frank Lloyd Wright connection can be seen in many ways throughout the resort!


As I was exploring the beautiful property and all the amenities and public spaces, I couldn't figure out where all the guests were?

I finally looked on my phone and saw this..... they were closed.  Sigh..... opening back up next week.  I would have loved to see this resort in full operating function with people milling about, but it was also kind of nice to have the place to myself and see what it was all about!

This place screams "luxury" and "for adults" and yet, it has this massive waterslide area!  So clearly, kids come along with their parents on lavish getaways to the AZ Biltmore!

If your room doesn't back up to one of the many beautiful pools, then it backs up to this!  The resort sits on two beautiful golf courses.  This is the Links Course and the other is the Adobe Course.


Verdict: No.  It's possible that my opinion was tainted by the fact that the resort was closed while I was there (but I still walked all over the entire property and nobody said a word to me!  So I still got a pretty good feel for it).  It's gorgeous.  It's luxurious.  If you went and stayed here, you'd have a lovely time.  But there are very few hotels/resorts that fit into the "must do before you die" category and this isn't one of them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...