Sunday, May 30, 2021

#286: Vail (Pg 591, 2nd Ed: pg 740)

 

May 26, 2021
Welcome to Vail!

We (me, my son Tanner, my sister-in-law Carrie, her son Eli, and my parents) checked into the Stream Side Marriott Vacation Club at Vail.

And then we went to explore the town!
There are two main areas: the original Vail downtown and the newer Lionsgate area.




Walking along the Gore River Trail.

Welcome to Vail!

Sometimes you looked around and you could have sworn you were in Europe.


Verdict:  No.  Now admittedly with 193 trails (5,289 skiable acres), a die-hard ski buff visiting here in the dead of Winter may disagree with me, but I am not a die-hard ski buff, nor did I visit in the middle of Winter.  But I was just fine visiting Vail in May because I loved soaking in the beauty of it without the snow, ice or crowds.  The two downtown areas were both charming and very walkable.  This little Gore creek runs along the downtown areas.  There is a covered bridge, tons of cute little shops and restaurants, a ski museum (that we checked out).  It's a great area, just not something you have to do before you die (unless you identify with my first sentence of this paragraph). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...