Monday, June 28, 2010

#12: London

Aside from a one-night layover in 2004 (when I saw Windsor Castle in previous post), I have been to London only one other time, in August of 1999. I went on a 2-week European trip with my friends Monique and Kelli. We started our trip in London. Here I am with Monique in front of The Parliament.
Westminster Abby

Buckingham Palace
Big Ben

And no trip to London is complete without a shopping excursion to Harrods!

We spent our last night in London seeing CATS. It was fabulous! I still have my ticket stub. We saw it New London Theatre on Drury Lane and paid 19.35 pounds.
Verdict: It's expensive and a little gray, rainy and overcast. But if you can look past the cost and the weather, it's an absolute must before you die! I mean, it's LONDON after all!

Addendum:  I just returned from another trip to London.  My verdict is the same (it's a must do!), but my pictures are better!  We stayed in London for five nights (at the St. Ermin's hotel - I highly recommend!) and packed in as much as we possibly could including....

Westminster Abbey (where every coronation since 1066 has taken place).

Parliament and Big Ben

The Millennium Bridge with St. Paul's in the background.

Borough Market

Superbloom

Tower of London (which houses the Crown Jewels)

Tower Bridge

Platform 9 3/4 at King's Crossing train station

Dinner at Circle Popolare (highly recommend!)

Wimbledon! (This deserves it's own stand a lone post!)

Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace

Exploring the grounds of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, including the new (dedicated by her sons just last year on her birthday July 1, 2021) Diana statue.

And toured the inside of Kensington Palace as well. 

We went to the British Museum (Rosetta Stone!)

Saw St. Paul's Cathedral (where Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married)

And went inside for Evensong.

We wandered the streets and neighborhoods

And had tea at the Ritz!

So glad I could re-visit London after so many years and hope I get to do it again and again!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...