Friday, April 11, 2014

#146: Hanoi's Old Quarter (Page 509; 2nd Ed pg 634)

March 21, 2014
That is me in the green jacket and backpack beginning to explore the fabulous Old Quarter!

The one thing that just really struck me was the complete sensory overload of this place - the colors, the smells, the noise.... everything was bold and strong.



Hungry for frog?

What I loved about this place is that you could completely forget you were in the year 2014.... or even in this century for that matter!

I can't remember if they told me this was stomach or intestine.  Either way, I decided to pass and find something else for dinner..... :)

Well, you can't say it's not fresh!

My friend ordered chicken for dinner.  It took FOREVER to come out.  When it did, it came out with feet, head, brain, a few feathers, you name it.  It was then that we realized they probably went out and got a chicken, killed it, plucked it (mostly), fried it up and plopped it on his plate.  Too funny!

I've been having problems uploading videos to blogger, so I will just type about it.  Aside from walking all over town, sampling food and such, we also took a cyclo ride.  And it was fabulously fun!

Verdict:  Yes, this is a Must Do!  It was just SO fun to walk around this quarter and explore all the nooks and crannies of this place full of vibrant colors and items, particularly food, that were so different from the western world.  It just felt so exotic and adventurous being there.  I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...