Tuesday, May 22, 2018

#221: Ida Davidsen (pg 314; 2nd Edition labeled as Denmark's Culinary Revolution, pg 337)

May 18, 2018
Ida Davidsen with my crew.

Mytravel buddy Tanner is with me.
Grandpa is looking through the window in the back.  Why is he looking through the window, you ask?  Because it was CLOSED!  BOO!!  We went there at lunch time (~12:30) on a Saturday.  And it was CLOSED!  I couldn't believe it.  I even looked up the sandwich I wanted to try ahead of time (The Housekeepers Snack for 75 DKK) - I figured I should do some research since there are ~250 options to choose from! But somehow during my menu research, I neglected to notice that it is closed all weekend long, every weekend.  Plus holidays.  Plus evenings.  It is only open from 10:30am - 5:00pm (the kitchen closes at 4:00pm, but you may sit and finish your meal up until 5:00). 

Verdict:  No.  Normally I wouldn't count a restaurant that I didn't actually eat at, but in this case I can already tell you that my verdict would be "no."  I looked through the windows at the small, unassuming dining area.  I researched the creative, colorful menu extensively online.  And I respect businesses closing for religious reasons (i.e.. Chick Fil A on Sundays).  BUT if you're going to be closed all weekend every weekend plus every evening, every holiday, etc and all you are are a gourmet sandwich place, you're not going to make my "must do before you die list."  I'm sure the sandwiches are delicious and delectable. But for this to make the list over Rosenborg or some of the other amazing sights we saw in Copenhagen such as Church of our Lady and Church of our Savior, climbing the 400 steps all the way to the top for spectacular views of the city is just ridiculous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...