Wednesday, December 12, 2018

#230: Sailing the British Virgin Islands (pg 864, 2nd Ed pg 1071)

Nov. 28, 2018
We arrived in Tortola via (Disney Magic) cruise ship.  We made our way from Road Town to the West End and then we hopped on another boat and sailed along the Sir Francis Drake Channel, taking in the unspoiled beauty of the BVI.

My dad and I

The dock where we got on our boat.

My kids soaking it all in

"I'm the King of the World!"

Raising my babies to enjoy travel as much as I do!

We docked at Jost Van Dyke and made our way to White Bay Beach, along with several other sailboats!

Beautiful!

Cost:  Obviously getting to the BVI is your major cost.  For us, once we were in Tortola, we took a cab ride from Road Town to the West end which was $12/person.  Once at the West end, we hopped on a ferry which was $30/adult RT.  Children and seniors were discounted.  Once at JVD, it was a $5/person cab ride each way to White Sand Beach.  Of note, everything is cash only and since the hurricane, there are NO ATM's on the entire island of JVD.

Verdict: Sailing around the BVI was beautiful.  I guess I cheated a little because most of my "sailing" was either on a cruise ship or a ferry boat.  So for me, it was the destination that was a "must do" rather than the sailing part (although that part was very enjoyable too!)  Maybe if I was actually on a sail boat for hours or days on end (with a staff to do all the work! ;)), then the sailing part would be a "must do" too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...