Friday, December 14, 2018

#232: The Golden Lemon (pg 887)

This is not the Golden Lemon.  I am at the Oti hotel (which is in a great location and has beautiful views!).  Why am I posting a picture of me in front of the Disney Magic Cruise at the Oti hotel in a blog post about the Golden Lemon?  Well, because, I hopped in a cab in Basseterre and asked to be taken to the Golden Lemon Inn.  I was promptly told that it no longer existed.  Or was at least no longer open.  I told her about my 1000 Places book and trying to get to as many places as possible and she said "your book is old!" (Admittedly, I'm still using the original 2003 edition). So, she took me here instead ;)
When, I got home, I looked online and sure enough, I found various comments stating that it closed in 2011 and someone who stayed there around that time (guessing shortly before it was closed/purchased) said "it has been completely neglected and is just in shambles."

So there you have it...... Verdict: No.  For obvious reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...