Saturday, November 27, 2021

#294: Alberobello (pg 181); Alberobello and the Salient Peninsula (2nd Ed. pt 173)

 

Alberobello
Nov. 14, 2021
We got here by renting a car and driving to this southeastern part of the country.  Other towns within driving distance to here that are worth a stop are Bari (burial site of St. Nicholas) and Monopoli.

The town is filled with hundreds (maybe even thousands) of these trulli, conical shaped homes.  Many of them have been converted to shops, bed and breakfasts, bakeries, etc.  We are standing on the balcony of one such shop in this picture. 

This trulli makes and sells trulli nativity sets.  My cousin-in-law Cari and I both walked away with one!










My one "trulli" love 😉💕





Verdict:  YES!!  I honestly couldn't get enough of this place.  I've never seen anything like it!  There's not a lot "to do" here per say, but just walking all over the town, taking pictures, shopping  and eating inside the trulli that have been converted into shops and cafes is enough to occupy me for hours here.  I couldn't stop taking pictures!  It was just so charming and unique.  I absolutely loved it and would highly recommend to anyone visiting Southern Italy!  It's not super close to any major city (Naples is closest), but it is absolutely worth going out of your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...