Friday, October 7, 2022

#317: La Scala Opera House (Teatro Alla Scala) pg. 203

 

La Scala Opera House
Sept. 30, 2022

Getting my opera on 🎵



Verdict:  If you're an opera buff, then I imagine this is high on your list as one of the most famous opera houses in the world.  If you're like me and, despite my attempt at culture at my love of musicals and the arts, opera leaves you feeling snoozy, then this is one you can pass on. And I'm not surprised it was taken out of the 2nd Edition.  But it's still worth checking out when you're in Milan because it's fun to see where so many of the world famous operas (such as Otello, Falstaff, Turandot and Norma) got their start!

Cost:  You can tour the museum and see the opera house for $12.  Or you can spend a small fortune to actually go to the opera.  Alternatively, you can wait in line (the earlier the better) for same day tickets that they start selling at 1pm for a fraction of the cost (although these are typically "nose bleed" - but at least it gets you into the "room where it happens" at a deep discount.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...