Sunday, February 21, 2010

#1: Olympics!

As I have been watching the Olympics over the past couple of weeks, I have reflected on the incredible experience I had attending the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City.  And then it hit me.... this is definitely an experience everyone should have at least once in their life!  And because the Olympics occurs every 2 years and travels from country to country, it is an experience that is available to many.  At the time I attended the SLC games, I was living in Las Vegas, so it was just a 5-6 hour drive away.  I couldn't pass it up!  And I'm so glad I didn't!  Here is a copy of the 3 tickets I was able to get a hold of (note:  tickets are hard to come by and very expensive!).  I was able to attend 2 medal ceremonies (at the SLC games, they awarded the medals at night, along with a concert - a different group performed every night) and an ice hocky game.  Fabulous fun!  The feeling in the air is incredible - one of patriotism, love of country, inspiration, pride.  It is just so cool to be surrounded by the world's greatest athletes. 
This is clearly pre-digital age, but here I am in front of the banner - proof I was actually there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...