Monday, September 27, 2010

#21: La Mezquita (pg 256, 2nd Ed pg 245)

Nov. 23, 2004. I love blogging about my first trip to Spain because this is where I met my husband. Here I am with my sister, Maret and my now husband, Dave inside La Mezquita in Cordoba, Spain. We have now been married for over 5 years, but in this picture, we only just met 3 days prior.
Unfortunately, yet another pre-digital camera post. But hopefully you can still get a sense of the beautiful architecture inside this building. It is famous for all the red and white archways throughout the interior. It has 900 columns which are topped by these arches and it is really a sight to see. As 1000 Places to See Before You Die states, it is " one of Europes' most breathtaking examples of Spanish Muslim architecture." At the time we visited, the cost was 6.5 Euros.

Verdict: So, I wouldn't travel to Andalucia just to see La Mezquita. But as long as you're in Andalucia (see the Alhambra, etc), you might as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...