Wednesday, July 3, 2019

#263: Parc De Montjuic (2nd Edition, pg 262)

June 26, 2019
Talk about a castle with a view!

Once inside the castle, we used my son's scavenger hunt book to find some hidden clues in places like the guard towers.

And we checked out all the view-points. 


And the prison cells.
I can't imagine the irony of staying inside a dungeon for weeks/months/years on end when all of this beauty is literally just on the other side of your wall.

We made wishes.

And then we found this awesome slide on the way back down!




Montjuic for the win!

Helpful info:  Cost: 5 Euro for adults in season, 3 Euro off-season.  Kids are always free.  Also, everyone is free the first Sunday of every month and every Sunday after 3pm.  Also, you can pay to take a funicular up and down OR you can walk up to and down from the castle for free! (Which is what we did)
Verdict:  I feel like I'm getting jaded.  Maybe 15 years ago, I would have said Yes to this.  Maybe even 10 years ago.  But my criteria now in doing this is that it has to be unique. And the thing is, I feel like I've seen so many castles with pretty views, that while we loved spending our morning here, there was nothing about it that separated it from any other other castles spread throughout the continent with impressive views.  So, I don't necessarily think that this particular one is a "must do" before you die.  But obviously there are people that disagree with me, because this was not listed in the original edition, but was added to the 2nd edition.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...