Friday, July 5, 2019

#265: Tibidabo (Not in book, but should be!!)

 June 26, 2019
Tibidabo is not easy to get to.  We took a train (metro), then a bus and then a funicular to get there.

But it's all worth it!  Because you are rewarded with going to an amusement park..... on top of the world with views like this!!!

If you ask my kids what their highlight of spending a week in Spain was, they will tell you..... Tibidabo!

And if you ask me, I'd say the same thing!

Where else in the world can you ride a roller coaster with this as your view??



And while the mountain top views of Barcelona are your view on one side, this incredibly beautiful Cathedral -on-a-vista is your view on the other.  It's INCREDIBLE.

Our view from one of the rides.

Also our view from one of the rides.

And also our view from one of the rides.

A selfie of my husband and daughter from one of the rides with the cathedral on one side....

And Barcelona on the other!
Best selfies ever!




 I am in that red car with three of my kids.  My husband took this pic.  

Log ride!

We all loved the brand new Virtual Reality ride!


My only complaint about Tibidabo is that it closes too early!  It closes at 9pm in the summer when the sun doesn't even set until 9:30!  They need to push that closing time back to 10pm in the summer!
But alas, 9:00 came and we wore out our welcome....

But we stayed to watch the sunset on the stopes of the cathedral.  And that was pretty freaking awesome.

Verdict:  If Parc De Montjuic has a place in the book, then this most certainly should too!  In my opinion, I'd replace Par de Montjuic with Tibidabo.  There's just no other place in the world like it and all 6 of us LOVED it!  But word to the wise..... it takes longer than you think to get there and 3.5 hours is not enough.  We were hoping to get there by 3 or 4 pm, but when all was said and done, we didn't walk into the park until 5:30 and it closed at 9:00.  We all wished we had another 1-2 hours.  So, I would recommend a minimum of 4-5 hours for this experience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...