Friday, February 18, 2011

#100: Old San Juan (Page 883, 2nd Ed pg 1094)

November 2006: I was 30 weeks pregnant when we were in San Juan. Originally, we planned on going on a Southern Caribbean Cruise that set sail from San Juan. Unfortunately, the cruise line wouldn't let pregnant women on the ship who were past 24 weeks, so instead, we watched our ship set sail without us and enjoyed a week in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is a U.S. Commonwealth, but is part of the Greater Antilles.
El Morro

Exploring El Morro, a 16th century fortress


Dave inside the fortress, which is six levels and rises 150 feet above the sea.

Here I am, very pregnant, in front of the "impregnable" fortress :)

Larry, Dave's dad, waves hello in front of this breathtaking back drop.
Verdict: Was the water gorgeous? Yes, Was the fortress amazing? Yes. Was the city colorful and fun and exciting? Yes. Is it something you HAVE to see before you die? No. Maybe my memory is tainted because I was pretty disappointed they wouldn't let us on the cruise; I was so looking forward to relaxing on a ship that was going to transport me to all the exotic southern islands I hadn't been to. Anyway, for what it's worth, Old San Juan is a fun, beautiful place, but not a MUST DO before you die.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...