Sunday, February 20, 2011

#102: Cape Cod National Seashore (pg 647, 2nd Ed pg 811)



Summer 1995: My freshman year of college, I met a girl named Kelli and we quickly became friends. She was from Boston, a city I had never been. So, the summer after our freshman year, I flew out to Boston to visit my friend. What a great city! We did all kinds of fun things the week I was there, and one of those things was to go to Cape Cod!


Cape Cod consists of 40 miles of sand dunes and sea shore. It's beautiful!
Verdict: Yup. You've gotta do it! In some ways, it's just another beach. But in other ways, it's so much more. First of all, it's Cape Cod, arguably the most famous beach on the entire eastern coast. Secondly, it has been under federal protection since 1961 and that helps to keep the area rather pristine and free of tacky shops, signs, etc. In fact, as I reminisce about it and realize it has been over 15 years since I've been there, I'm thinking it's time to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...