Friday, February 18, 2011

#101: The Golden Islands (Page 611; 2nd Ed pg 756)


June 1990: If this picture looks old.... it is. This picture was taken almost 21 years ago! My next door neighbors invited me to go on vacation with them. After visiting Walt Disney World for a week, we headed back to Chicago, but stopped in Jekyll Island, Georgia on our way. My best friend's grandparents lived on Jekyll Island. My journal entry talks about us going shopping and miniature golfing, but states "The miniature golf course wasn't too great, but we had fun."
Verdict: Maybe it isn't fair for me to make a verdict on something I did 20 years ago as I'm sure it's changed in the past two decades. But from what I remember, it was a nice, laid back place. There are the typical beach things to do on this 9-mile long island such as restaurants, shopping, miniature golf, etc. It's nice, but not something you HAVE to do before you die. The Golden Islands include Cumberland (where John F. Kennedy Jr. and Carolyn Bessette married and honeymooned), Jekyll Island, Sea Island and St. Simons Island

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...