Monday, December 6, 2010

#79: Cliff Walk (Page 704, 2nd Ed pg 865)

December, 2008: My husband surprised me with a weekend in Newport, Rhode Island. I "lost" my birthday (June 17th) since I was in the hospital giving birth to our second child (seen here in the Bjorn), so Dave gave me a weekend away as a belated birthday gift on my half-birthday.
The Cliff Walk, along with seeing all the mansions decorated for the holidays, was one of the highlights of the weekend!

The Cliff Walk is a national historic trail that runs about 3 1/2 miles along a rocky, beautifully scenic coastline. Breaking waves are on one side of you and gorgeous, massive, European-style mansions are on the other side.



Verdict: Absolutely worth your time to see and experience. We loved Newport and we loved the Cliff Walk. And, as an added bonus.... it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...