Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#84: Nashville's Music Scene (Page 712; Listed as The Grand Ole Opry in the 2nd Ed pg 875)


August 6, 2010: I love Country Music! So, Nashville is like heaven for me! First, a stop at the Ryman Auditorium (home of the Grand Ole' Opry)....

Then a walk up and down Lower Broadway (just across from Ryman). Tootsie's Orchid Lounge is one of many bars lined up and down this street. Almost all of them have bands playing live music, mostly cover songs of popular country artists. It was fabulous!

And top it off with a meal at Loveless Cafe!

Verdict: If you're not a country-music lover like me, you may want to pass on Nashville (although music aside, Nashville is a very nice, clean and friendly place!), but for me, this was an absolute must-do! We had a fabulous time! I also went to the Grand Ole' Opry in 2000 (where I saw Martina McBride, Vince Gill and several others).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...