Sunday, January 2, 2011

#85: Frank Lloyd Wright Tour (Page 627)

December 27, 2010: First of all, I have no idea why everything is underlined or how to turn it off. oh well! Anyway, this past week, we went to visit my family in Naperville, IL, which is just a 30 minute drive from Oak Park, the sight of Frank Lloyd Wright's first home and studio.

Here I am in front of the home at 951 Chicago Ave. We decided to take the "Frank Lloyd Wright Guided Interior Tour" which cost $15 per adult (kids age 3 and under are free, but I wouldn't recommend bringing small children here unless they are infants and attached to your body as you see I did. You are not permitted to touch anything inside the house, so having a toddler would be a nightmare!)

The tour is one hour in length. This home was built in 1889, when Wright was in his early 20's. He married and raised 6 children in this home and built a studio which is attached to the home.
Verdict: My husband and I both enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about FLW and architecture, but we both agreed that unless you are an architecture buff, this isn't something you have to do before you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...