Tuesday, January 4, 2011

#87: Moab and Red Rock Country (Page 719, 2nd Ed pg 881)

I lived in Utah from 1994-1998 and I was fortuante to be able to visit Moab several times during those 4 years. But my first time was in the Spring of 1996. Here is a gorgeous shot of Delicate Arch, the most famous arch in Arches National Park.
Hiking with my friend Kelli

Another scenic view with my friend, Dave. Obviously, this is another posting of pre-digital photography! I've been camping twice in this area and even signed up to run a 1/2 marathon here (unfortuantely, I got injured and wasn't able to run, but I still spent the weekend there supporting my friends that were running).
Verdict: Absolutely. This is one of the most stunning National Parks. The whole area is breathtakinly beautiful. I would love to go back and do mountain biking, rafting or kayaking in this area.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...