Wednesday, January 5, 2011

#89: Mormon Tabernacle Choir (Page 722; Listed as Temple Square in the 2nd Ed, pg 883)

1995: This is my pamphlet I saved from when my roommate Kelli and I attended General Conference in the Tabernacle on Temple Square and heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

This picture was taken on a separate occassion. Because I lived in Provo for four years, I have been to Temple Square, home of the famous Tabernacle and Mormon Tabernacle Choir, more times than I can count. I'm so glad we were able to see the "Mo-Tab" in the original Tabernacle because now General Conference is held in the near-by Conference Center which is much, much larger than the origianl Tabernacle. But it is so fun to hear them in the original, acoustic Tabernacle.
Verdict: Yes. A visit to Temple Square is beautiful, interesting and entertaining (assuming you get a concert in while you're there!) no matter what religion you are!

Note: The 2nd Edition lists this "Temple Square" which is a much better listing.  Temple Square encompasses so much and is definitely a must-do when visiting the Salt Lake area.  So, I like that the 2nd edition doesn't isolate the entire Temple Square experience to just seeing the Choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...