Friday, January 7, 2011

#91: Shenandoah Valley (Page 729, 2nd Ed pg 891)

September 2008: Despite the fact that we had a 20-month old (shown here) and a 3-month old, I got it in my head that I wanted to see Shenandoah Valley, so my husband, being the good sport that he is, went along with my crazy idea and off we went! After checking in to our lodge, located about half-way up the famous "Skyline Drive", we set off on a hike. Lucky for us, our lodge was located close to a "wheel-chair accessible trail" and that for us, meant (jogging) stroller accessible, so off we went. And here we are about to start our hike on Limberlost Trail.
I had relatively low expectations of this hike, being that it was stroller-accessible, but we weren't disappointed - we saw a bear! I was probably crazy to have my 3-month old baby this close to a bear, but we didn't bother him and he didn't bother us!

Another shot of the Bear. What a fun sighting! I love seeing animals in their natural habitat.



Here is a picture of our room and the view.



We are standing on the balcony of our room overlooking the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.
Verdict: Yes. The view along Skyline Drive, especially in the Fall is amazing! But don't just drive through, stay overnight! We loved the lodge; there was a playground, activities every evening and a fabulous restaraunt with delicious food and surrounded by windows boasting gorgeous scenery!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...