Wednesday, January 5, 2011

#88: Park City and the Wasatch Range (page 721; Listed as Skiing the Wasatch Range in the 2nd Ed, pg 882)


Feb. 2002: I was lucky enough to be able to go to the SLC Winter Olympics in 2002 and even luckier that I had family and friends living in the area! My college roommate, Kelli (shown here with me) was staying in Park City during the Olympics because her parents owned a home there. Park City is known for skiing and boasts 3 ski resorts: Deer Valley, Park City Mountain and The Canyons. Deer Valley even has a ski-in/ski-out lodge (Stein Erikson Lodge).
Verdict: Yes. Park City and the environs (including Sundance, founded by Robert Redford) is absolutely worth seeing. Absolutely picturesque during all seasons. Fun to ski during the Winter, but a blast to bike-ride during the summer, hike during the Fall and drive and walk through in the Spring.

Note:  In the 2nd Edition, this is specifically listed as "Skiing the Wasatch Range."  At some point, I'll have to dig up skiing pics, which I hope I have somewhere.  I definitely skied the Wasatch as I went to college here (BYU) from 1994-1998! But of course, that was all pre-cell phone so most ski excursions went un-documented! And truthfully, I think the 2nd Edition has a more pertinent listing in terms of doing this before you die because skiing is ultimately what this area is known for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...