Monday, November 1, 2010

#57: Big Island (Page 612; 2nd Ed pg 759)

January 2006: My first trip to Hawaii was in January 2002, but we stayed on Oahu the whole time. Four years later, I was back and ready to explore the other islands! So, this was my first time to the Big Island and it was fabulous! I took the trip with my husband (of only 7 months), my sister and her husband. We visited both sides of the Island. Here I am on the Kona side at Kahalu'u where we snorkled with Sea Turtles.
We also visited the Kona Hawaii LDS Temple.

And then on to Hapuna Beach. We basically just came across this beach by accident, but it ended up being one of my favorite days of the trip because this was such a fabulous beach!


But we also wanted to check out "the other side." So, we spent a day in Hilo. Here we are at Sulphur Banks.


Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Verdict: An absolute Must! But if you're trying to decide on which end of the island to spend more time..... my vote is Kona all the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...