Wednesday, November 24, 2010

#71: Cooperstown (Page 672; 2nd Ed pg 837)

July 1991: My family took a vacation to upstate New York. Cooperstown was one of our stops because we are all HUGE baseball (Chicago Cubs) fans. Cooperstown is supposedly where the game of baseball was originated by Abner Doubleday (and thus, the name of the ballpark in Cooperstown) and is also home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
This picture is from July 31, 2005 when Ryne Sandberg (one of my all-time favorite baseball players) was inducted into the Hall of Fame at Cooperstown. Unfortunately, I wasn't there.....

But I was in Chicago in July of 2007 when Ryne Sandberg (who became Manager of the Peoria minor-league team) was in town. So, while this picture isn't of Cooperstown, I just had to put it with this post :)
Verdict: If you're a baseball fan like me, then yes, this is a MUST do! If you're not a huge baseball buff, do it anyway. Cooperstown is a delightful town!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...