Thursday, November 4, 2010

#60: Oahu (Page 618; 2nd Ed pg 775)

I have been to Oahu 3 times: January 2002, January 2006 and September 2006. These pictures are all from the September 2006 trip. Highlights of the trip were the Polynesian Cultural Center, which has natives from many of the islands in the South Pacific demonstrating what is unique to their country. Top off the day with a luau and fabulous show! They do a great job!
Pearl Harbor

Ocean Front Dining

And the North Shore!
Verdict: Hawaii is one of the most fabulous places on Earth, in my opinion and Oahu has a lot to offer. The above are my favorites. However, Waikiki is totally overrated. You don't feel like you're on an island; you just feel like you're in a city by a beach. And the beach is my least favorite of any beach I've been to on any of the Hawaiian islands - rocky and crowded. So, spend a day at Waikiki to see what all the fame and fuss is about, but don't stay there for the week. If you're going to stay in Oahu for more than a day or two, my suggestion is to stay on the beautiful North Shore.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...