Sunday, November 28, 2010

#74: Museum Mile (Page 686)

Sept. 3, 2010: Dave and I went to NYC to see the US Open, but we went a day early because I really wanted to see the Metropolitan Museum of Art ("The Met"). Here is Dave in front of the beautiful building.
A View from the top floor
One of my favorite Renoir paintings

The roof (this bamboo structure was a pice of artwork on display on the roof -- you could even get tickets to climb up this piece of art!)

Beautiful view of Central Park and the City from the roof of The Met.

Breakdown: Price: Technically, it's free. (Gasp! Something free in New York??) However, they do suggest a $20 donation per person. But whatever you can afford (even if it's nothing), they let you in! There are 12 exhibits on the first floor as well as a cafeteria. There are 14 exhibits (everything from Japanese Art to Musical Instruments to Islamic Art and European Paintings) on the second floor. And then.... there is the Roof Garden. The Roof Garden was so cool. There is a bar and a gorgeous view! However, it's only open May - October.

Verdict: I do appreciate art, but, as I've said before, I'm not a die hard museum lover. So, I think I probably could have died happy without having gone to The Met. Having said that, I'm still glad I went and it was a very impressive museum with an amazing collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...