Sunday, November 28, 2010

#73: Historic Downtown New York (Page 684)

July 2003: The view of Historic Downtown from the top floor of the American Express building...

which also happens to look over Ground Zero. This is what it looked like one year and 10 months after the attack. Fortunately, I did see the WTC buildings prior to the attack. I went to NYC during the summer of 1992 or 1993 (I can't remember now) and have a picture of myself (in a Disney T-shirt tucked into white shorts, which is why I'm not posting the picture!) with the WTC buildings in the background. We climbed the Statue of Liberty on that trip as well.

Verdict: Everybody has to see Downtown New York at least once - because you have to see the Statue of Liberty! (Ferry service is available from Battery Park to the Statue and Ellis Island). But, for me, it's kind of a "been there, done that" place. I frequently go to NYC, but now that I've seen the WTC (before and after), the Statue of Liberty, etc., it's not a place I want to go back to again and again, but Times Square, Central Park, etc. are places I could do over and over again. So, do it once, but then if you go back to NYC, you can skip this and spend your time on the millions 0f other things to do in the vicinity!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...