Thursday, November 4, 2010

#59: Maui (Page 617; 2nd Ed pg 770)

January and September 2006: Maui. I've been to Maui twice and both visits were in 2006. It was a good year! One of my favorite things we did during our January visit was Whale Watching, which wasn't going on during our September visit, so I'm glad we were able to do that.
Road to Hana. Everybody's got to do this once. And why not do it in style.... rent a convertible!

Here I am with my sister at one of our first stops on the Road to Hana. We had fun jumping into this waterfall. But it was cold!

One of the many beautiful sights....

"Halfway to Hana" is the name of this stop and they have the best shaved ice! In fact, I consider it a highlight and necessary stop on The Road.

Round 2: In September, we traveled "The Road" again with my brother and his wife. She had driven to Hana before and knew about this beautiful black sand beach.

And we visited the grave sight of one of my favorite people, Charles Lindbergh. As you can see, I'm pregnant on Trip Two. So, now I can tell my first born, Lacey, that she's been to Hawaii and loved it!
Verdict: One of the things I don't have pictured here is Kaanapali, which is one of my favorite spots on Maui - great snorkeling, swimming and beach. I LOVE Maui! And yes, it is a must-do before you die! Kaanapali, whale watching and other Maui sights are something I could do over and over again. But the Road to Hana.... do it once and call it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...