Thursday, November 4, 2010

#58: Kauai (Page 614; 2nd Ed pg 765)

January, 2006: Kauai, truly one of my favorite places on Earth. It is so incredibly beautiful! We spent two days on Kauai. The first day, we started out at a local hang-out we heard about, a great natural water-hole, Kipu. We cliff jumped and had a fabulous time! From there, we went to Waimea Canyon (pictured here), known as "The Grand Canyon of the Pacific."
Another view of Waimea. Gorgeous!

After Waimea, we went to the famous Poipu Beach, where Puff the Magic Dragon "frolicked in the autumn mists." For some reason, I don't have any pictures of that, but it was fun! We finished off the day by going to a Luau at Gaylord's Kilohana Plantation.



Day 2: The Na Pali Coast. This is, in my opionion, the highlight of Kauai and the reason why I want to go back to this island and spend a week just hiking and kayaking all over this coast line.


More Na Pali Coast.
Verdict: Absolutely something you must do in your lifetime and something I really, really, really want to repeat! And if you know me, I don't say that about too many things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...