Wednesday, October 6, 2010

#31: The Red Sea

Okay, so technically, it's "Diving in the Red Sea" according to 1000 Places to See Before You Die, but since I went there (here I am on the right posing with my friend Kelly) and snorkled there, I figured that was close enough! Getting scuba certified is still on my list of things to do before I die!
I went to the Red Sea on May 20, 1997. I'm on the left here; you can't see us because it is totally dark outside. We got up at the crack of dawn for a sunrise snorkle. It was amazing. I saw all kinds of beautiful fish and also saw an octopus.

I had so much fun in the morning that I headed back for Round Two in the afternoon. So, it turns out, getting up at the crack of dawn is the way to go! When I went back in the afternoon, the water was cloudy and there were tons of jelly fish (or something else along those lines that kept stinging me!). So, Round Two didn't last quite as long as Round One!

The unique and beautiful beach of the Red Sea.
Verdict: A great way to cool off while visiting Sinai!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...