Sunday, October 10, 2010

#40: Ancient Thai Massage (Page 497)

July, 2004: Here I am in the midst of receiving my one-hour full-body Thai massage at the Wat Pho School of Thai Massage. Massage is Thailand's oldest form of medicine. As it says in 1000 Places to See Before You Die, "Unlike with other forms of massage, you keep your street clothes on for this while you're bent, stretched, pulled, tugged at, sat upon, and walked over. The pressure points in your body are given a rigourous workover."
Verdict: We paid only 300 baht ($7.50) for this one hour massage. So, while I wouldn't travel all the way to Thailand simply to get this one checked off my list, as long as you are there..... get one every single day! I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...