Wednesday, October 6, 2010

#35: The Dead Sea (page 400; 2nd Ed pg 455)

June 8, 1997: The Dead Sea is 1,305 feet below sea level making it the lowest point on the face of the earth. Its waters have the highest concentration of salt anywhere and, therefore, the buoyancy is one of the things which makes this Sea famous. But.... so does the mud!
I think this is the only time in my life that I painted my entire body (I'm second from right) in mud. And I kind of liked it!

Time to rinse off!
Verdict: Although the salt creeps into every crevice of your body, you have to admit, it's pretty cool to "sit" in the water or just lay there without having to paddle, tread or use a floatation device! No place else on earth like it, so this is definitely something to experience before you die!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...