Sunday, October 24, 2010

#46: Hollywood (Page 575; Listed as Los Angeles in 2nd Ed, pg 716)

October 12, 2002: Admittedly not a very good picture of me in front of the Kodak Theatre. But here's the thing. I lived in Orange County for 2 1/2 years, so I've been to Hollywood so many times that it just never really occurred to me to take pictures of it. But I found one. Not a good one, but at least some proof!
Verdict: If you find yourself on the West Coast to go to Disneyland, drive the PCH or go to the beach, why not come visit one of the most famous "towns" on Earth? But, honestly, I wouldn't go out of your way. It's over-rated, run amok with tourists.

Note:  The 2nd Edition does not have this listed separately; rather it has it listed under "Los Angeles."  And LA and it's environs including Hollywood, Disneyland, the Getty Center, Beverly Hills, Downtown LA, etc is absolutely something you must see before you die!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...