Sunday, February 10, 2019

1000 Places To See Before You Die: Second Edition

"The New" 1000 places book isn't all that new anymore.  The copyright is 2011.  It's taken me 8 years to accept this book and not be in complete denial that it exists because it just totally threw me off of my original quest of working my way through the original book!  But alas, I have realized that I need to figure out a way to incorporate this into my travel goals and use it as an accompaniment to the original list on this blog.  And I know Patricia Schultz feels my pain because she even said in the beginning of this revised edition, "I'm sure I'll upset a lot of people who found the first list overwhelming.  Now here I am, with a revision that I consider an entirely new book.....I thoroughly deconstructed and then rewrote the wealth of information from the first 1,000 Places, creating a whole new tantalizing homage to the world's bounty."  

So, with that said, my plan is to go back and add the label of "1000 Places 2nd Edition" to places that appear in both books (which applies to most of the places in the book, roughly 800) and then will add the others as I go.  And of course now I'm kicking myself that I waited 8 years to get on board with this book because I freaking just went to Oklahoma and just saw that they added a new place to see in Oklahoma City! Rats.  Oh well.....

This is my original, dearly beloved book.  229 places etched in my soul.  I've told my kids that I'm going to do my best to see the world before I leave it, but whatever I left unseen, they need to see for me and finish my list.
I haven't been everywhere..... but it's on my list!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...