Sunday, February 10, 2019

#237: Tangier's Medina (2nd Ed pg 388)


This is now my 3rd post (1st in Africa) of a place that is listed in the 2nd Edition that I have done that is not in the 1st Edition.
In November 2004, I went with my sister and 3 friends to Gibraltar, then boarded a ferry and made our way to Morocco!

Tangier is located just 8 miles from Spain, across the Strait of Gibraltar.
While there, we ate the local food.

And went in all the shops.

And explored all the city had to offer!

Verdict:  No.  I'm actually surprised this city was added to the 2nd Edition.  I loved our day here and I'm so glad we did it.  In my opinion, it's a shame to be in Gibraltar (which is an absolute must do!) and then not make your way to Tangier since it's so close.  I mean, why not check out a new country?!  But honestly, it didn't seem all that much different than a lot of other middle eastern cities and, due to the location of it, it's super crowded and touristy.  I want to go back to Morocco, but I want to go to Fez and Marrakech - I hear they are both much better than Tangier!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...