Monday, February 25, 2019

#257: El Yunque National Forest (2nd Ed pg 1096)

In November, 2006, Dave and I traveled to Puerto Rico.  Our original plan was to take a cruise from here.  Sadly, they wouldn't let me 7-month pregnant self on the ship, so we ended up staying in PR for the week.  The upside of that is that we got to visit El Yunque National Rainforest!

Unfortunately, all my pics are of just Dave because I didn't think it was a good idea to go rock scrambling to waterfalls during my 3rd trimester ;)  

Verdict:  It's a beautiful well-preserved rainforest.  Lost of trails and waterfalls and natural beauty.  And it's something most people miss out on if they just go to PR to hop on/off a cruise ship.  It's definitely worth doing while in PR, but doesn't make my "must do before you die book" so I think Patricia Shultz got it right the first time (this was not listed in the 1st edition) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...