Wednesday, February 20, 2019

#248: Georgia O'Keeffe Trail (2nd Ed, pg 832)

















I'm not a die-hard art fan and have no particular feelings about Georgia O'Keeffe one way or the other.  But, when I planned a trip to New Mexico with my girlfriends in Oct. 2015, I figured we may as well check out the home and environs of the famous O'Keeffe, who moved here in 1949 and where she developed her iconic style, particularly with animal skulls, bones and large-scale flowers.  And I'm glad I did because I hadn't cracked the binding of the 2nd Edition yet (even though it came out 4 years before this trip), but turns out this was in it!  So, it's something I would have had to go back and do anyway!  I guess I had a premonition ;)

Verdict:  No. We thoroughly enjoyed our day here and it was cool to see where Ms. O'Keeffe lived and worked and where she got her inspiration.  But, short of being an artist and/or O'Keeffe art collector, this isn't something you need to see/do before you die.  I think Patricia Schultz got it right the first time, leaving it out of the book.  This is more something that should be in the "1000 Places to See in the United States and Canada" book. And for all I know it is (I haven't ventured into that book yet, probably never will.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...