Monday, February 11, 2019

#244: Chiang Mai (2nd Ed, pg 624)


I went to Chiang Main in 2004 and again last year in 2018.  It killed me to go across the entire world to this particular city not once, but twice and not get the one thing listed in the book to do in Chiang May - the Four Seasons Resort.  It's super expensive to stay there and totally out of the way of the downtown area where everyone stays (unless you are actually staying at the Four Seasons) and eats and everything.  So, short of renting a car and spending half our day just to see a hotel/resort (which I couldn't talk my three traveling companions into doing), it can't happen.  Which is why I was very happy to see that in the 2nd Ed, they've dropped that one specific thing (and why list an American Resort as the one thing to do in Chiang May, when there is so, so much to see and do there?!!)

We saw the temples...

And the hill tribes....

And got massages....


And went to a Thai cooking school



And fed and bathed and played with the elephants.

And did lots of kissing.

Verdict:  Absolutely.  I LOVE Chiang Mai.  It is so unique and so much to see and do.  I'm not one to re-do things very often, because in the words of Ms. Schultz, "It is rare that I return to a place where I have already been: There are simply too many places I haven't yet seen."  But Chiang Mai was a place I was willing to re-visit because I loved it so much and I wanted my husband to see and experience it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...