Thursday, February 14, 2019

#246: The Appalachian Trail (2nd Ed pg 756)

The Appalachian Trail is a new addition to the 1000 Places book in the 2nd Edition.  I've been on the Trail many different times in many different locations.  It's not hard to do considering it is 2,178 miles long and runs through 14 states.

So, here are a few pics from one of those times.  This was during the Fall of 2016 when I went with my family to Shenandoah National Park.
My baby Ella was just 3 years old.  We don't own a back-pack carrier, so when she pooped out on us (which was often), I would carry her on my back with my backpack on my front....

And trade off with Dave, who would throw her on his shoulders.

We even met some "through-hikers" along our way!

Appalachian hikers!

The family that hikes together.....

stays together!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." ~Lao Tzu




Verdict:  It's been interesting reading through the 2nd Edition (which I just started doing in Feb 2019; a purposeful decision.  But for reasons I can't explain, I am now going through) I have come across entries, where I think "This made it into the revised book?" And then I come across entries like this where I think "This didn't make it into the original book?"  Of course the Appalachian Trail is a must do!  It spans the entire eastern seaboard and is breathtakingly, jaw-droppingly beautiful in so many sections, not to mention the history and notoriety it so rightly deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...