Sunday, February 10, 2019

#238: West Jerusalem (2nd Ed, pg 450)

Oh, to re-live this trip with a nice digital camera in hand!
On May 13, 1997, I went to the City of David in West Jerusalem.  We threw rocks in the spot where David slew Goliath in the Valley of Elah and toured the Bell caves.

Verdict: This is a place that was not in the first edition, but was added to the 2nd edition, and I would have to agree!  Definitely worth seeing!  Although, disclaimer, I may see all things Israel/Jordan/Egypt through rose colored glasses because in the Spring of 1997, I ventured off on a Study Abroad to these three countries.  It was the first time in my life I'd gotten a passport and left the continental United States (aside from seeing Niagra Falls), so everything was just so amazing to me.  I was awe-struck at just about everything I saw.  And that's what started my love of travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...