Monday, February 25, 2019

#255: Cayman Islands (2nd Ed, pg 1074)


In Nov. 2003, I went on a caribbean cruise with three girlfriends and Grand Cayman was on the itinerary.  I was very excited about checking out the Cayman islands!

It's a major tourist trap for sure, but we did it anyway - went to Hell.  It's a legit town in Grand Cayman with it's own post office and everything.  So, it's worth a stop just to send family a friends a post card from Hell ;)

The town got it's name from all the black lava rocks.

We also went to see the sea turtles.  Aside from turtles in the water, there are sea turtle "farms".

And places where you can hold the turtles.

There are also places you can eat the turtles!

Which now, looking back, I feel kind of guilty about doing.
I think it was one of those "When in Rome" type deals!

But our absolute highlight of our Cayman Islands experience was taking a boat out to Stingray City!

There are tons and tons of stingrays that are used to humans.  So, you can just swim amongst dozens of them all around you.  So cool!  You can't really tell, but I am getting a "stingray massage" in this picture.  The guy behind me is holding a huge stingray and rubbing it over my back.

And here I am holding a massive stingray.

Verdict:  Yes!  I loved Grand Cayman!  I loved everything we did here.  I've been all over the caribbean, but I've never been anywhere like Stingray City.  I feel like so many of the caribbean islands blend into each other, but this one is definitely unique, which makes it worth checking out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...