Sunday, February 10, 2019

#235: Valencia (2nd Ed pg 271)

Well, this is my first entry of something that it's the 2nd Edition book that is not in the 1st Edition.  There are 8 years between the 1st and 2nd Edition and it has now been 8 years since the 2nd edition was published.  So, now I'm scared that when I finally get all caught up with this a 3rd Edition will come out!  So much world to see!

In September 2009, my husband Dave and I set out for Spain.  We spent time in Barcelona, then Valencia, then Alicante and finished up in Madrid.
Here we are in Valencia. 



We went to check out the 86-acre City of Arts and Sciences center.  All of this was new when we visited.  The Palace of Arts opened in 2005 and the L'Oceanografic Aquarium open-end in 2002.



















We also went to the bull fight arenas.

Inside the bull ring


I love how every European city has a Piazza




And I was very excited to check out the Lladro factory
Another claim to fame for Venice - home of the world famous Lladro!

I never noticed this before, but I think that wedding couple in the bottom right is the lladro that Dave and I used on the top of our wedding cake.  We used a Lladro because we met in Spain, so we wanted to incorporate that into our cake. 


Verdict:  I discussed this with my husband before posting because I'm kind of torn on this one.  I loved my time in Valencia, but at the same time, it's not my favorite Spanish city.  It really doesn't have anything on Barcelona or Madrid.  So, here's what I think.  No, it's not a must do before you die.  If you only have a week in Spain,  I would spend your time elsewhere.  But if you live in/around Spain and/or you have more than a week to spend in Spain (a minimum of 1.5-2 weeks), then it's absolutely worth spending a couple of those days here!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...